Corporate Social Responsibility
Commitment to Responsible Corporate Citizenship
Pacnet is acutely aware of its obligations as a global corporate citizen and its responsibility to act as a steward of the communities in which it operates and employs people. Our desire to act in the most responsible manner centers principally on efforts to minimize our impact on the environment and ensure a safe and supportive workplace for our employees. Our approach to corporate citizenship is a holistic one that permeates every aspect of our business, and includes:
- Considering the environment when making business decisions
- Minimizing waste and maximizing saving
- Recycling, reusing and sharing
- Investing in people
One of the foremost concerns for Pacnet is its energy consumption, and its resulting environmental impact, given the large scale and energy intensity of our core operations. Pacnet has a goal to improve the energy efficiency in our offices, buildings, information technology systems and networks. Activities underway include:
- Combination of fresh air and electrical cooling systems
- Efficient use of lighting by switching off when outside business hours
- Automated measures such as temperature controls and motion sensors
- Consolidating and optimizing building space and occupancy to reduce heating/cooling needs
- Server virtualization within all our Points of Presence globally
- Reduction in air travel to minimize our carbon footprint
In addition, new data center construction plans include policies and guidelines to implement energy efficient designs wherever possible. Many design specifications to improve efficiency draw on the framework outlined by the U.S. Green Building Council, sponsor of the globally recognized Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) program.
Pacnet also has a long standing policy of re-using and recycling materials on a daily basis.
Employee Investment and Senior Management Commitment
Pacnet strives to ensure that it contributes positively to the communities it is a part of by providing programs to recruit and train the local workforce, offer employees a range of opportunities for professional development and personal growth, and ensure that they have the resources to maintain a healthy and productive lifestyle.
Pacnet’s senior management team will maintain its commitment to social responsibility and will strive to identify new areas and initiatives that can help contribute positively to the communities in which we operate. It is part of the fabric of our organization and will remain so indefinitely.